Monday, October 31, 2011

Kitty Baby

We have a new addition to our little family - his name is Momo. We got him from the Animal Rescue League in El Paso, they had rescued him from "death row" at animal control. He had two other siblings with him, and we were so happy to be able to bring him home! He is adorable and super sweet. He's already very affectionate and I'm sure he's excited to have room to run around. We didn't plan on getting a kitten, but he was so cute and I really wanted a Siamese cat so we just went for it.



Our first day went well. We started him in our bedroom and played for a while and then let him explore the rest of the house. He soon found his way into bookshelves and had to climb on everything. He's still a little scared of the kitchen because it makes scary noises. He also wasn't quite sure about me leaving the door open today because of all the noisy cars and kids outside.

Before bed the other night the three of us were cuddling on the couch and then Momo ran off somewhere. When we were ready to go to bed we couldn't find him anywhere. We looked under and in everything in every room and we couldn't hear his bell. How did we lose the cat already? But then, I heard a little muffled jingle of his bell, and this is where I found him...


A lump hanging off the side of the chair. I couldn't even see any of his body. He was aparently comfy in there though!

So he's good at sleeping inside blankets, but not so great at sleeping at night. His litter box is in our bedroom bathroom so he has to be in there with us, but I haven't gotten a whole lot of sleep these first two nights. It makes me feel like a new mom. The first night he fell asleep with us and slept for a few hours, then woke up and kept jumping up at my face, chewing on my hair, and trying to play. Last night was even worse, he wouldn't fall asleep and just wanted to play. I am not a deep sleeper so this will take some getting used to. Of course Will, the extremely deep sleeper, isn't even bothered because Momo just wants to climb on me. He must be a mama's kitty. Luckily he did sleep for a little bit last night, but I had to shut myself in the guest room this morning to get some sleep. Hopefully he learns that night time is when I need to sleep. Any advice on this topic? I also need him to stop chewing on my hair. He will sneak up behind me in my armchair and pull my hair out of my ponytail...

Eating with him around is also a challenge. He is like a puppy, but far more agile. He will try to get at my plate or bowl any way possible. I had to stand to eat my lunch today because he was getting so crazy. No people food for kitty!

While he can be a little much, I sure do love him already. It will be nice to not be so lonely if I'm at home all day, and he is already good at snuggling. He will just test my patience a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment