Monday, August 29, 2011

Weddings

My beautiful best friend (aka my wife) got married last weekend. It worked out that both my husband and I could be there together, and I am so glad we got to be a part of my friends' big day. Everything was perfect, including the weather, for their intimate outdoor ceremony and reception. My favorite part of the day was hearing them read each other their vows. I cried the whole time. Plus, one of my other best friends was officiating the ceremony. It was super emotional and beautiful. I am so happy for Mr. and Mrs. Jones!


While we were home my husband and I also did some planning for our renewal of vows ceremony and reception coming up in October. It still seemed like some far-off wedding fantasy until we actually sat down with the pastor and wedding planner at church and planned out the order or ceremony, music, and things like that. It finally feels real and I am getting really excited to finally wear my dress and pledge our love to each other in front of our family and friends. The first time around we were in a court house across the hall from a bunch of prisoners in orange jumpsuits with random legal assistant people as our witnesses. If we had known that would be our only "wedding" for the first year and a half of our marriage, we would have thought it out a little more and at least brought our own witnesses and have someone take photos.

So our turn is coming up in just a few short weeks now. Just keep your fingers crossed that we can get enough leave approved so that we can go on a honeymoon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment